Sunday, August 30, 2015

BROWN LISSBOA SHIRT - THIS IS NOT OK - CATALOGUE






Some days ago I found an initiative by Susanne a German blogger (Mamimade) and sewist who called upon other (private) seamstresses to participate in composing a catalogue of self-made clothing to protest against the exploitation of seamstresses wordwide. To call out that THIS IS NOT OK!
This is no demand never to wear RTW clothing again or agything similar. The initiative simply wants to make an appeal to start thinking (differently) and to try other ways than exploitation. That's how I read it. 
I wanted to participate very much. When you do a lot of sewing yourself you start to realize the real worth of the job and how much one would have to pay to really do the effort some justice.

Beim Lesen und Bloggen habe ich neulich bei RUMS - wo ich zum ersten Mal mitgemacht habe eine Aktion entdeckt. Und wollte unbedingt mitmachen! 
Darum geht's: 

Nähbloggerinnen protestieren gegen die Ausbeutung der Näherinnen durch die Bekleidungsindustrie. Mit einem eigenen Kleidungskatalog. Mit ausschließlich selbst genähten oder gebastelten Kleidungsstücken. 
Um zu sagen 



Quelle: Blog Mamimade von Susanne


Einfach nur so wie es oben steht, als Aufruf zum Umdenken! Um zu sagen wir finden das nicht gut was da passiert! 
Die Aktion ist eine Idee von Susanne von Mamimade und wie ich finde eine richtig gute Idee!

So und damit jetzt alles hier seine Richtigkeit hat auch noch die Angaben zu meinen selbstgemachten Sachen.
Der Rock ist von Burda (Ausgabe 7/2013 Mod.121), der T-shirt-Schnitt ist Marke Eigenbau, wobei ich noch am Verfeinern bin und als Urvorlage in gekauftes ähnliches Shirt verwendet habe, das nun langsam zu Staub zerfällt! ;-)  (Muss demnächst wohl mal einen reinen T-shirt-Post zu machen.) 

And to "prove" that the garments shown were really made by my very own hands here some details.
The skirt is Mod. 121 from Burda issue 7/2013 and quite an oldie. My shirt is made from my own pattern which is based on a ancient RTW shirt of mine that is almost threadbare now. It (the pattern) is still in the process of being tweaked and refined. Which is still necessary, just have a look at the low under breast seam!






Außerdem trage ich noch Ohrringe, die stammen aber auch von mir. Die Perlen sind ursprünglich von einer Kette die meine Schwiegermama wohl vor über 30 Jahren aus Marokko mitgebracht hat und die ursprünglich auf Stroh!! gefädelt war. Danke für die schönen Glasperlen, sie sind wirklich ganz besonders!

I'm also wearing some blue earrings made with Morrocan glass beads. I made these myself when I rethreaded a necklace made of  glass beads that my mother in law had given me some years ago and that she had brought from Morroco before she had her children. Thank you for the beautiful beads, they're very special!






Heute war nochmal so ein wunderschöner Sommertag, den wir genutzt haben um einen großen Waldspaziergang zu machen und in einem der Stadtbäche zu planschen. Das Licht war irgenwie ganz besonders - ich habe versucht das oben im ersten Bild festzuhalten!


Today's weather also was very special! Hot and dry with the clean air of the days after the rain - one of the last days of summer. We went for a long hike through the forest and splashed about in one of the creeks. The light was also a bit different today - I tried to capture that in some of my pictures, too!




















Ich hoffe ihr schaut bald wieder vorbei!

I hope you'll drop by again!

12 comments:

  1. Schön, dass du bei der Aktion mitmachst! Das Outfit ist echt schön, sieht so richtig abgestimmt aus und ich finds super, dass du sogar auf die Ohrringe geachtet hast. Außerdem gefallen mir die Fotos sehr! :-)
    Liebe Grüße
    Katharina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katharina,
      habe mich ganz schnell entschlossen mitzumachen als ich die Aktion gesehen hab. Fast hätte ich vergessen meine Uhr auszuziehen, haha! Dann wären meine Bilder wohl unbrauchbar gewesen. Machst du auch mit?

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic idea for a great and worthy cause! Your outfit is so cute and your earrings are treasures. Such a lovely woodland scene.... a perfect backdrop for your outfit photos. Looks like you are having a fun family time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! I thought the same when I first read it - and there are really loads of other participants, too.
      And I really had a great time with my family. My daughter kept trying to photobomb me while my husband tried to take pictures including only myself ;-)

      Delete
  3. Der Schnitt deines Shirts ist ein Traum!!! Die Raffung vorne sitzt wunderbar und der Ausschnitt hinten ist zauberhaft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke! Lieb von dir, nur die Naht vorne unter der Brust hab ich noch etwas nach oben versetzt. Zeig ich bald mal ;-)
      Liebe Grüße,
      Kathrin

      Delete
  4. So ein schönes Outfit für die tolle Aktion !
    LG Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. die farbzusammenstellung gefällt mir sehr!
    wunderschöne Fotos:-)
    glg andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dankeschön! Grüße zurück :-) Kathrin

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a terrific idea! and your outfit is really pretty. Your photographs are particularly beautiful too! you live in such a lovely area. I haven't bought rtw for years, I think 5 or 6 now? and have made my own clothes in that time. I've found it a hugely rewarding thing to do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not hard to understand. I usually feel the same. But I really admire that you don't give in to the temptation of doing it the easy way. If you need somthing quickly, say new jeans or a rain jacket, it's just so much less trouble to buy it. Though I mostly like my handmade garments better :-)
      Our countryside here really is pretty but I think yours is so extraordinarily beautiful. I've been to Western Australia once. And I still remember its nature as one of the most impressive I've ever seen.

      Delete