Wednesday, October 28, 2015

SHEER LITTLE FLOWER NUMBER / HALBTRANSARENTES ORGANZAKLEID





I can't believe I haven't written a post in over two months! So it really fits well to post about this dress today since it's been almost one year since I've made it. I originally started it around Christmas as a sort of muslin for the dress I actually wanted to sew. I thought the fabric to be too curtainy and shimmering for my liking. Then I changed my mind! Which seems to happen quite frequently and even more often when my sewing is concerned.
So, I started liking the fabric and decided to finish the dress as prettily as possible - it wasn't really possible to do that completely because I had to change the fit more than a little bit. And in one or two places I had to compromise, but I'm still happy with the outcome. The next picture is a bit blurred because I'm trying to twirl - although there's no big reason for that in this dress.

Hallo zusammen, da ich heute beim Me Made Mittwoch teilnehmen will, ist dieser Post zweisprachig obwohl ich sonst nur auf englisch poste. Alle die gern englisch lesen haben es etwas ausführlicher, aber die Anderen bekommen zumindest auch ein bisschen Text ;-).






Another thing I can't believe is that I haven't managed to wear it at least once it in all this time!!!
First the corresponding slip was missing. And it's sheer enough that I wouldn't ever wear it without one.
Then when the slip was made there was no occasion. No birthdays, dinners or anything since the middle of August. And then no time to make up an occasion. Uh oh ...and then it got cold again - naturally.
So finally I'm desperate enough to wear it anyway - at least for some pictures in the freezing wind outside. Or.... ahem better not outside. You can't see it in the fotos but I had a sneezing fit while taking them indoors. I probably would have died of acute sneezing spasms outside, haha ...
And here is it - tadaa - the first outing!

Ich kann kaum glauben, dass ich seit zwei Monaten rein gar nichts geschrieben habe - genäht habe ich aber schon, deswegen bin ich jetzt schwer im Verzug. 
Da passt dieses Kleid sehr gut, da es auch höchste Zeit ist, dass ich es endlich mal anziehe, es ist nämlich schon ein Jahr alt und noch völlig ungetragen.
Und hier nun der erste Auftritt.

I'm sorry that the quality of some pictures is rather poor. But as you know the light can be bad indoors especially when there is no sun :-(
The fabric was a scrap from the sales table at our local fabric store. And I'm not sure if it was designed for clothing because it has a rather stiff quality and is also a bit scratchy at the edges. It would probably also make an eccelent curtain ;-). Because of the scratchiness I had to hide away all raw edges on the inside. So most are french seams or bound with a hong kong finish.

Leider sind manche Bilder von eher schlechter Qualität wegen des schlechten Lichts drinnen. Aber ich hab schon drinnen in dem dünnen Kleidchen einen Niesanfall bekommen, draußen wäre ich wohl erfroren.
Mein Stoff ist ein organzaartiges Gewebe von Restetisch, das auch als Gardine bestimmt gewesen sein könnte. Eigentlich sollte es auch nur ein Muster werden, aber dann hat mir der Stoff doch trotz anfänglich arger Zweifel gut gefallen und es wurde ein fertiges Kleid draus. Der Stoff ist an den Rändern ziemlich kratzig, so dass ich alle Katen komplett mit Stoff einfassen musste. Und damit ihr seht, wie hübsch das trotz einiger Kompromisse dann noch geworden ist, hier ein Bildchen.










The pattern is Mod.127 from Burda 12/2012 which is originally designed for knits. I should have chosen a bigger size than I did. I already cut out double seam allowances but it's still a bit tight around the shoulders. (I really shouldn't tell you that I simply assumed that it was for wovens until I had already cut out the pieces. Sounds too absent-minded, doesn't it?)

Mein Schnittmuster war Mod.127 aus der Burda vom Dezember 2012. Das ist eigentlich für Jerseystoffe, ich hab es aber (eher aus Versehen) für meinen Organzawebstoff verwendet. Die Nahtzugaben hatte ich Gott sei Dank breiter zugeschnitten, Puh! Es ist trotzdem etwas eng an den Schultern, aber passt sonst ganz gut.


 



As you can see it's also very short. My man thinks it's almost too short ;-)
The slip is the slipdress from Vogue 1217. And it fits nicely. I had to take in the upper side seams a bit but I'm still not very used to Vogue sizes.

Wie man sehen kann ist das Kleid sehr kurz. Mein Mann meint beinahe zu kurz ;-) Und da glaubt man immer Männer hätten es gerne kurz, aber sie können ja so konservativ sein. 
Das Unterkleid ist das vom Vogueschnitt 1217 oben. Es passt jezt sehr schön, musste aber an den oberen Seitennähten etwas enger gemacht werden.










Here's the dress on my lady, too, and I have to admit it might suit her better than me. Maybe I should give it to her as a present. Otherwise she'll be naked again half the time.

Und hier noch das neue Kleid an meiner Kleiderdame, der es fast besser steht als mir ;-). Ich sollte es ihr vielleicht schenken, damit sie nicht so oft nackig herumstehen muss.










Those of you who came from Me Made Mittwoch enjoy the beautiful creations of the others. Hope to see you again some time soon ;-)

Und für alle die vom Me Made Mittwoch gekommen sind, genießt die super Nähergebnisse der Anderen! Viel Spaß und noch einen schönen Mittwochabend!

15 comments:

  1. Ein ganz süßes Kleid und so akkurat verarbeitet! Eigentlich Schade, dass es den heißen Sommer im Kleiderschrank (oder wo auch immer) verbracht hat. Trage es, es steht Dir sehr gut.
    Liebe Grüße Ina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Ina,
      danke für das nette Lob ;-) Ich finde es auch schade, wo ich es doch eigentlich unbedingt anziehen wollte... Manchmal klappt es dann irgendwie doch nicht.
      Liebe Grüße,
      Kathrin

      Delete
  2. I think it looks better on you than on your lady, keep it! And you have great legs, this dress is all the better for showing them off. I know exactly the fabric this is; it can be quite stiff but actually wears very well. And doesn't ever need ironing either... WIN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Carolyn. I really felt a bit down after I put it on. Maybe the bad weather, too. No chance to wear anything like this until May ;-)
      That there's no irnoing required is definitely a big plus. I actually didn't think of that before!

      Delete
  3. Super Kleid! Schön, daß du so eine kurze Länge tragen kannst.
    Liebe Grüße
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vielen Dank! War viel Handarbeit, aber so sieht man auch keine Fäden etc. durchscheinen.
    Liebe Grüße,
    Kathrin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Da kann ich mich den anderen nur anschließen: Das Kleid steht dir super, die Länge kannst du echt gut tragen mit den Beinen! Bei mir liegen viele selbstgenähte Klamotten auch erstmal rum, bevor ich sie wirklich anziehe, schon komisch...
    Liebe Grüße :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke Lorkyn, wahrscheinlich braucht man manchmal so eine Art "Gewöhnzeit" bis man das Genähte nicht mehr als "Projekt" sondern als Kleidungsstück betrachtet ;-)
      Grüße,
      Kathrin

      Delete
  6. It is beautiful dress! Lovely print and it fits you beautifully. You did a lovely work, both for the dress and the slip ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautiful dress! Lovely print and it fits you beautifully. You did a lovely work, both for the dress and the slip ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Echt schön das Kleid. Ich finds nicht zu kurz und man sieht dem Stoff nicht an dass er auch für Gardinen geeignet ist! :-)
    Der Schnitt sieht wirklich so aus als wäre er für Website, da wäre ich auch drauf reingefallen ;-) toll dass trotz allem so ein schönes Kleid entstanden ist!
    Liebe Grüße
    Katharina

    ReplyDelete
  9. ;-) Ich hätte mich danach echt beißen können. Normal schau ich immer auf die Stoffempfehlung und schau ich einmal nicht, lieg ich sofort daneben :-)
    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agree, it most definitely looks better on you than your lady!! You've got the figure so hope you enjoy wearing your beautiful dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! Now I actually feel a bit as if I had been fishing for compliments ;-) because of your kind words and the others'. (Maybe one always is at least a little when publishing something new in post?!)


      Delete