Sunday, August 16, 2015

SPLASH BIKINI



Lately I've been busy sewing summer wear. A bikini among some other things I desperately needed before the end of summer.
Actually I had the honor to test sew the brand new Splash bikini pattern by Lily Sage which has been just released. The design which is grand and at the ultimate hight of fashion is by Debbie Iles the creative mind behind Lily Sage. Thank you so much Debbie. Her style of patterns is quite cool, mostly straight lines - maybe even a bit anvant-garde.
The pattern is fairly easy to make up and the swimwear fabric was also easy to work with. This was my first bikini/ swimsuit and I was looking forward very much to trying out something new. And I can definitely say I will make swimwear again - lots of times ;-)
Next I'll probably try the swimsuit version of this pattern which is absolutely great as well!

I can definitely recommend this pattern. The swimsuit and bikini are both very gorgeous! The instructions are well written and easy to follow. I needed less fabric than recommended - so the material for a swimsuit is already there ;-). But if you want to know for sure how much fabric you are going to need exactly you can always take your pattern pieces to the store - or just make the other view as well as I'm planning to ;-)
The design is very special and grants everywoman enough coverage I think - small or big assets. For a little more support breast wise you can always fold back the lining before attaching the side bindings and leave an opening through which you can insert bra cups - e pronto padded cups the quick version!




The pattern comes in sizes 6 to 18 which is quite a range. Also the sizes are easily mixable. I made a size 12 which I believe should fit my measurements best, but maybe a size 10 would have been enough, too. I chose a fabric with relatively little spandex in it. If I had taken one with more spandex the fit might have been a bit tighter. But it was still very good.
If you are above average height you should lengthen the pattern pieces of the pants - something you would have done anyway I guess - to have your pants waist high in the end. In the end I cropped my pants to half height (see picture above) because I was a bit too tall for the unlengthened version. My fault - I should have added some length from the beginning but I wanted to make up the pattern unaltered first.
All in all there were no unexpected difficulties or surprises, everything went together smoothly and I love wearing my new bikini.Below you can see the waisthigh version - cool hmm...?!
As I've already mentioned I'm very keen on trying the swimsuit next. I've seen some gorgeous other tester versions that you can find on the blog of Lily Sage.



6 comments:

  1. Hübsches Teil! Beide Unterteile gefallen mir sehr gut. Ich liebäugelt jetzt schon etwas länger mit so einer taillenhohen Version. Das Oberteil finde ich auch toll geschnitten und deine Cupeinarbeitung gefällt mir!
    Bin gespannt auf den Badeanzug!
    Liebe Grüße
    Katharina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mir hat die taillenhohe Version der Bikinihose auch gefallen, leider war sie eben im Original zu kurz für mich und ist immer nach unten gewandert (-> nicht mehr taillenhoch)! Aber ich glaub ich werde noch mal eine machen, wenn ich den Badeanzug ausprobiert hab ;-) Man muss ja auch Pläne haben!
    Grüße zurück,
    Kathrin

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great looking bikini! You've got the body for a bikini and this one looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sieht super aus, Dein Bikini! Und Du darin erst...!
    Liebe Grüße, SaSa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke, SaSa! Der geht auch schön vorteilhaft bis zur Taille :-)

      Delete