Monday, May 23, 2016

DEEPBLUE DRESS WITH PLUNGING NECKLINE





I haven't made a new dress ;-) I've actually made the blue dress this winter. But currently I've been wearing it during MeMadeMay2016.
I love the blue jersey fabric it's made of and I also like the pattern very much. Though I must admit that this is no pattern and dress for bad days - or big lunches as it tends to showcase every little unevenness of your bodyshape. :-) You can experience this very well if you try taking pictures for your blog in it. ;-)




The pattern is Vogue1250 by Donna Karan. It's really quite lovely with pleats at the shoulders to accentuate the neckline.
The pattern emphasizes the shoulders. So if you have rather straight shoulders like me adapting the shoulder seams to less width or even short sleeves (which I did not do) would be an option. Next time I make up the pattern I'll go for narrower shoulder pieces.



I made a size 10 and it fits perfectly. The dress goes together quickly and easily and is a total pleasure to wear (except for the circumstances I mentioned above :-)). Also you don't need much fabric (only 1.2 metres for sizes 6 to 14).
This means the dress is a win for the wardobe of every woman on a good day ;-).



other details: 
sandals  -  mustang
sunglasses - more&more

5 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful dress indeed! I like tge color and the pattern seems interesting! Have a great memademay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having seen your pretty dress on instagram I was interested in reading more about it here and it is truly gorgeous and you've got the body shape to carry it off.... good day or not! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, you're a darling. You can believe me, I deleted quite a few pictures due to unflattering appearance ;-)

      Delete
  3. this looks really beautiful on you! the colour and the shape... and I cannot seriously believe you could have any unflattering pictures, ever! You look fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete