Sunday, May 10, 2015

Me-Made-May first round and bolero cardigan


 

Me-Made-May recap Day 1- 10


Ten days of Me-Made-May have passed already. I didn't expect to be that busy with taking pictures and writing comments ;) Not that it's taking me hours but still! But huge BUT, it's also loads of FUN!!! I've also found various patterns I'd like to try myself and many fellow sewistas with amazing abilities and style. So the coming months are going to be full of sewing exercise ;)
I don't think I will get through the month without any serious me-made garment repetitions though. It's already dawned on me that I do need some jeans and maybe other trousers. The weather here doesn't always permit skirts or dresses (just my opinion). I hope that it's going to warm up a little soon, so that I can wear more of these.
Pledges: I still haven't begun to fullfill my pledges concerning the jacket and matching garment. I was too busy finishing a little blouse I made for my little missy which had highest priority of course! 

But now the sewing road is clear and I can start my own projects.
Now for anyone who is interested and as a kind of documentation for myself the last ten days of Me-Made-May.
This is today's outfit - which was until now completely unblogged.




The skirt (Burda 6/2009 Mod.103) was too rumpled for good pictures after today, but the cardigan is still alright, so you are going to see it first (meaning in this post). It is a very easy pattern (Filati magazine) consisting of a rectangle that is sewn together on two sides. This means that it doesn't have any great fit to speak of. But after you sewn the sides together you crochet around the neck-/bottomline. This is in my opinion the most remarkable feature of this little piece. I also like the cotton yarn because of the colour and its irregular structure. I think you could achieve a more regular look of the crochet trim if you chose a more evenly spun yarn.








And here is what held me from fullfilling my Me-Made-May duties so fa.
My Missy's little ruffled blouse. So she is ready for spring ;) And in the last two pictures the features that took me the longest, ruffles (Not difficult but a little time consuming. Of course each little ruffle's got to be seamed as well!) and hand sewn armscyes (I guess my seamstress pride couldn't accept another solution).





So let's see how Me-Made-May goes on and happy sewing! And Happy Mother's Day to those of you who celebrate with their kids! And just if you are wondering why on earth I stopped writing in German at all. I'm planning to catch up on that, but I think I will need a little while to do so ;)

Und jetzt nochmal kurz auf Deutsch. Für alle die sich wundern warum ich eigentlich nur noch auf Englisch schreibe und mit Deutsch komplett aufgehört habe: Ich habe vor das bald wieder zu ändern, aber brauche leider noch etwas die letzten Beiträge damit zu vervollständigen! Also für alle die lieber deutsch lesen, bitte ein ganz kleines bisschen Geduld ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment