Thursday, May 14, 2015

Grey Sweater with back view




Today I went for a little hike with my family in a Nature Reserve near our home town. It was very enjoyable and the flowers for which it is famous were blooming and really beautiful!

Heute war ich mit meiner Familie auf einer kleinen Wanderung in einem Naturschutzgebiet in unserer Nähe. Es war wirklich wunderschön, denn nach dem vielen Regen in den letzten Tagen war alles grün und der Enzian für den die Heide bekannt ist blühte noch.

spring gentian / Frühlingsenzian

To come back to my topic here, besides from my family I also took my newly finished sweater for its first outing which it mastered successfully of course ;)
It is just a simple grey sweater after a Burda pattern (Burda 9/2012 Mod.106) but I'm quite fond of its style. 

Um zum eigentlichen Thema zu kommen durfte außer meiner Familie noch mein frisch fertig gestelltes Sweatshirt seinen ersten Ausflug machen - der natürlich auch recht erfolgreich verlief! :)  Es ist ein recht einfacher grauer Pulli nach einem Burdaschnittmuster (Burda9/2012 Mod.106). Trotzdem bin ich von seinem Schnitt und Stil recht angenehm überrascht.




There are long side darts which give a good fit to the sweater. And you can also adjust the fit by letting out/ taking in the central back seam, which I did. The neck line and bottom seam are finished with bias bands. That's very pretty in my opinion - doesn't look too ordinary. In the back there is a V-neck line and the sleeves have only 3/4-length and are a little flared. I'm feeling a bit like a 50es girl when I wear it. I guess a slim skirt would also be a nice combination which I still have to find out for real.

 

Wie man unten gut sehen kann hat der Pulli lange Seitenabnäher die einen guten Sitz machen. Außerdem finde ich den angesteppten Saum und Kragen hübsch. Obwohl es beim Kragen doch etwas ungewohnt ist, dass er vorne so hochgeschlossen ist - dafür gibt es dann hinten einen kleinen V-Ausschnitt. Auch ganz nett! Ach ja, etwas ausgestellte Dreiviertelärmel hat er auch, so dass - wie ich finde - ein bisschen 50er-Jahre Gefühle aufkommen. Würde sicher auch gut zum engen Rock passen, muss ich aber noch ausprobieren!



 
Maybe, just maybe this could pass as the one garment I wanted to make to fullfill my Me-Made-May pledge. (It would have to match another item I made but perhaps it does?!) I'll have to see how my very limited sewing time can suffice to complete one more garment and finish my jacket.
Ganz vielleicht wird dieser Pulli nun das eine Kleidungsstück das ich für den Me-Made-May neu machen wollte sein, allerdings muss ich erst noch rausfinden ob und wie gut er zum Rest meiner selbst gemachten Garderobe passt! ;) Mal sehen, ob meine doch recht begrenzte Nähzeit ausreicht neben der Jacke nochmal ein ganz neues Teil zu machen.

4 comments:

  1. I've popped over from Me-Made-May and am glad I did to see that the back of your sweater is lovely too! The design features of this pattern make an ordinary top into a most interestingly pretty top. My family likes to hike too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Lisa, and of course for leaving a comment! :)
      Yes, I also think it's not that ordinary because of the back and "collar". There are so many lovely spots if you just take the time to explore the nature around your home :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love your jumper! The back neckline is lovely, you are right. A really lovely shape, and the sleeves too. You live in the most beautiful place too!

    ReplyDelete